Thread: December 2017 Challenge: Dragoton Arena

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map December 2017 Challenge: Dragoton Arena

Hey

So, I am kind of new here, but I really, really wanted to participate in this. So my map is the map of an arena of a sport called Dragoton (which is a thing in my own fantasy World Malpirgin), in which there are two teams consisting each of three dragons and their riders competing against each other. It's a team sport.
    Now, you could suggest well they are kind of "fighting" in a sportive way, but this has really been an effort to live together peacefully and become one people. You see, the dragons (feathered ones only btw) are in a way refugees - a few hundred years back there was an attempted genocide against them, commited by the angelic society, and the dragons found out that whilst they were long-living and rather powerful, they were not unbeateable. The place they fled to, Malpirgin, was an extremely secure place, but the people up there were rather suspicious about having powerful, sentient, flying and especially fire-breathing beasts hanging around them - especially considering that their main source of energy, the one thing that kept them hanging on - was a tree and thereby all but fire-proof.
    So in an attempt to bring dragons and humans closer together, the sport "Dragoton" was invented, and it's as a matter of fact one of the main reasons why by now there is a close blond between the dragons and humans in Malpirgin and the dragons are - whilst still prefering
    to live outside of human cities just because of their size - completely integrated into society.

So this is the current WIP, I am sorry about the low quality. It's a pencil on paper so the photo doesn't show it all too well... and I don't have a scan yet. I am planning to ink it and color it with waterpencils. Hope you like it anyway.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pencil_Sketch_Dragoton_Arena.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	325.1 KB 
ID:	102509
    Last edited by ZoraSpringer; 12-23-2017 at 06:48 PM.