Thread: Continent of Adania

Map Continent of Adania

Hello there!

This is my first completed map, done with pencil and a set of black multiliners, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent of Adania.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	6.17 MB 
ID:	102528

It's taken me a long while to finish, almost 2 years since I've been working on it only in spare moments, and the original design went through a few revisions before I ended up here.
    Adania is the first of 7 continents on a larger world I'm building, partially for use in D&D campaigns and partially for my own entertainment. I'm still in the process of building up the lore for it; as I do I'm planning to create more detailed area maps to focus on towns, cities and interesting locations.

This photo has been brightened up slightly in lightroom to better match reality, but otherwise it's had no edits.

Hope you like it!

Very nice map you have there. The layout is great and I like the style of your mountains and hills. I could easily imagine this map in the front of a book (:

Pretty nice style, very graphic ! And kudos for adding embellishments on your first map

I agree, the style is nice. A good fantasy vibe is coming off of the map.
    I am not so fond of the overall landshape...a bit too block-y for my taste. Almost a rectangle.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I agree, the style is nice. A good fantasy vibe is coming off of the map.
    I am not so fond of the overall landshape...a bit too block-y for my taste. Almost a rectangle.
    I do agree, but I've struggled with creating more realistic coastlines. I'll try and get more variation in future maps, and maybe post them in the WIP forum first to see what people think. Thanks for the feedback.

First map? That is excellent! The forest and mountain style work very well together, and over all, quite a polished and even professional looking map. Well done!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

A kick-ass first map, well done! I'm with Eilathen on the landshape, but other than that I think this looks wonderful. I like the ring around the coastlines, and the border is a nice touch. And no river violations either, that deserves extra praise since you're just starting out!

I'll look forward to seeing more from you!
    Last edited by Kellerica; 12-26-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    A kick-ass first map, well done! I'm Eilathen on the landshape, but other than that I think this looks wonderful. I like the ring around the coastlines, and the border is a nice touch. And no river violations either, that deserves extra praise since you're just starting out!

I'll look forward to seeing more from you!
    Hahaha thanks, river violations have always bugged me so I try to keep an eye on them!

This is a very attractive map, and I agree with Daniel that it'd look great in a fantasy novel. Thanks for sharing with us, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I love the font and the shading.