Thread: Some Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjake View Post
    Sorry to bug you guys again, but I've another question, this one concerning marshes and swamps:

1) Could a swamp/mere/marsh be located on or close to a shore? Not like the Everglades, but closer.

One of my friends REALLY likes swamps, and after a bit of thought, I had some ideas for a couple of good plot hooks. Trolls and trouble go hand in hand, ya know?
    I don't see why not, the only requirement for something to be a swamp is for there to be oversaturated soil and standing pools of water. If you had a calm enough area (a strong ocean would probably destroy a shoreline swamp) such as a sheltered bay I could see it having a swampy shore.

Edit: Yep they do, they are called salt marshes. They are grasses and algaes though since most plants can't handle brackish water. Though if you had a river draining into the salt marsh you could have a full on swamp with trees a bit farther inland. Of course if this is on the shore of a lake then sure you could have a swamp right up to the lake edge.
    Last edited by Nomadic; 01-30-2009 at 02:33 AM.