Thread: Some Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes. It would be possible, but the river would probably only have one outlet, either the underground or the spring.
    But with magic who can say?

Yep. At some point, your terrain level will drop below the surface level of your underground water source. At that point, a spring will form, which will take the water out to sea.

Incidentally, this particular kind of formation is one of the rare exceptions to the non-forking water source rule. An aquifer can feed more than one spring because there is an upper limit on how much water a given spring can carry.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can't really help with the science stuff but from personal experience I have a lil snippet. In college (Mizzou) there was a cave we used to hang out at called "Devil's Icebox" (because it was cold). We'd turn out the lights and let the bats fly by our heads...kind of cool really. The cave was formed by an underground stream and we would canoe it for a while and then it came to a wall where we needed scuba gear to go further (it goes on for another 21 miles like that). We had no idea where to get scuba gear in the middle of Missouri so we just trusted the map that was provided.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps