Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Syr (yes, again)

It's truly a nice piece Kelleri! There's so much to like about it: the subtle border art, the grungy linework, limited use of colors, for one are things that really stand out to me. While you may still not be entirely happy with this version of the map, it shows a lot of character.

Great work! ;D

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with the others, it's really nice seeing the progress of this map, with each version getting better (:

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    There's something about this map that really impresses me. So professional and polished. It's so pleasant to look at; the soft mountains and shading, muted orangish parchment. Really wonderful.
    The border is really neat as well, and the way you've done the compass rose is epic!
    I really want to do a map like this now.
    Thank you for the nice words! And go for it, I'd love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    It's truly a nice piece Kelleri! There's so much to like about it: the subtle border art, the grungy linework, limited use of colors, for one are things that really stand out to me. While you may still not be entirely happy with this version of the map, it shows a lot of character.

Great work! ;D

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with the others, it's really nice seeing the progress of this map, with each version getting better (:
    Thanks, Daniel! Glad you like it.

And thank heavens you guys aren't sick of seeing billion versions of this map!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Then the Islanders of the archipelago (originally immigrants, but have arrived such a long time ago that their blood and culture has had a great deal of time to mix with the Syr people's), that embrace the Sea a fair bit more. Mainly live on these massive crabs that are special to their seas.
    Do you just mean that the crabs are their main food source, or do you mean that they literally live on the crabs, as awesome crab-riding nomads?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Do you just mean that the crabs are their main food source, or do you mean that they literally live on the crabs, as awesome crab-riding nomads?
    Oh my god . That would be awesome!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    .... originally the former, but I have to say I'm tempted to make some changes now.... XD
    Last edited by Kellerica; 01-29-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Wow! So many comments to read though. The servers logged me out by the time I got to the end.

And they are all so very well deserved!

I must say that all the glorious details seem to already have been covered. I really liked the parchment texture and the scuff damage to the map. The colour scheme is great, and I MUCH prefer this lighter style. (My poor old eyes can't see so well on your darker maps!)

Congratulations, but... you know that telling everyone its actually and finally finished is usually the curse of doom, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow! So many comments to read though. The servers logged me out by the time I got to the end.

And they are all so very well deserved!

I must say that all the glorious details seem to already have been covered. I really liked the parchment texture and the scuff damage to the map. The colour scheme is great, and I MUCH prefer this lighter style. (My poor old eyes can't see so well on your darker maps!)

Congratulations, but... you know that telling everyone its actually and finally finished is usually the curse of doom, don't you?
    Thanks! Yeah, I was just thinking that this has to be the brightest map I've even done!

*chuckle* You could be right, calling it done it probably will be my downfall, I may or may not have second thoughts about that lingering on the back of my mind already!

Just... eat a bit more liquorice. It'll all be all right then.

Funnily enough I have some right now on my desk. Want some?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Just... eat a bit more liquorice. It'll all be all right then.

Funnily enough I have some right now on my desk. Want some?
    YES. I'll swing by and come and get it, yeah?

What with the flights booking and all, it'll probably be like a week or so, just stand by. Be right there.

LOL! I read that as 'fights' the first couple of times I scanned it, and got a bit worried

I'll save you some, and I can always get some more

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast