Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Attempt at the ICE Challenge - Inspiration needed!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well I've placed a background and finished the magic circle. It's time to stick in the colour. I hope the colour will make it clearer what is floor and what is a wall or a pillar. This is turning out to be much harder than I had anticipated. (no great surprise there I think!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IceTemple8.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	776.3 KB 
ID:	10837

The dark points around the magic circle are pillars - but as it is ice, they are also transparent. I tried to keep them darker so that they are clear, but they don't really jump out. Any suggestions as to how to make this clearer would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have to wait until the color is added I think. I can tell that those are pillars now, but only because you have said they are. The biggest "problem" that I see is the area around the altar and the bridge just before it. I honestly can't tell what is going on there. Also, is that a stream entering the area from the north and existing to the south?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Excellent!

Post ICE deadlined their contest already!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I see ICE as ended the deadline on Entry Submissions - it seems they were waiting for someone specific who got their entry in, but I don't see Torstans!

I sent an Email to the Admin regarding the March 1st deadline, and I mentioned Torstan's coming entry on today, but I don't have a response yet.

But on the home page - is a notice that the Final Entry has been submitted, and on the Contest Page, it says its now closed...

I hope they get my Email and Torstan's entry can still be entered - don't know though!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post You got 4 hours from now!

Torstan, you still got time - 4 hours from now, Rasyr closes the contest. He responded to my Email, and though he closed it yesterday, his unclear wording has allowed him to extend the entry deadline to midnight tonight!

Get that map done and uploaded, T!

I got you a few more hours!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks. Posting it now. I assumed March 1st deadline meant the 1st. I'll get it to them right now.

Finished and posted. Thanks GP.

Here's the final. There's a few things I don't like about it, but I learnt a lot in the process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IceTemple.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	10844

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Real nice. By the time I got to read this it was done but I was going to say you might want to make the shadows for the columns a bit sharper/more defined. Love the inset sketch too...even more perilous than I had imagined.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Just wow. This is amazing, I really like your artistic style.

The colors make it... Awsome!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast