Yes, I realised there was no way I could show how that all fit together without an inset sketch so that was a last minute addition. So it looks like 4 entries and the others are really excellent - GP, Steel General and an unknown UK entry who we should really invite over here. Definitely worth a look. Mine's certainly the least complicated. It'll be interesting to see how we all do (or if they even let my last minute entry through!).

Thanks for the comments everyone. I really wouldn't have got through this without the encouragement. Thanks also to RP - you were dead right about the stairs - they made no sense at all. That was a final change I was very happy with. This was my first attempt at placing the greyscale values first and then laying in the colour after. It seems to be a standard technique in digital art, but I'm not there yet. Definitely some more practice - on easier subjects than a dragon in an icecube - before I'm quite comfortable with it, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Right, off to the Finished forum and RR thumbnails with this!