Thread: Swamp village

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the map and the idea behind it. I'll be watching to see what it looks like when you are finished. It could be because the map is really dark, but it is difficult to get a feel for the scale of the map. Also the water looks gray, almost granite-like in texture. Perhaps a little more blue-green in the water would make it look less like rocks. Just my two cents.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Right now I'd just make the wood lighter, more light gray-brown rather than this dark black-brown. But we'll have to see how this progresses to be sure.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Okay, i lightenned the map up. I tried to get rid of the fish-eye look, i pimped the water lily's, i added some green to the water. Thanks for the tips!

Also i added the basic structures, four guard towers and twelve houses. The houses hold about 2 to 5 tribe members.

I'm trying to get the thatched houses to fit in more. Any advice on that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bearclaw3.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	9540