Thread: First Computer Generated Map

Map First Computer Generated Map

Here's a look at my first hand-drawn-on-the-computer map. Very simple, just getting used to some basic concepts. Using my Surface Pro 4 Pen and Paint Shop Pro 2018

What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fun map.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	452.0 KB 
ID:	103688

Looks good! The top right land mass seems a little square/blocky, but it's an interesting layout. I hope you post your progress as you go!

~whisper

Ha! Yep, that and the fact that I didn't like how the colors blended together made me scrap that one altogether. Working on one that I'm much happier with so far. Thanks for the response though! Just getting into this and learning some of the basic techniques.

I think this is a pretty solid start. I like the way the coastlines turned out. The square landmass looks a little weird, but maybe that's just how that continent looks. Adding details like rivers, mountains, and towns would reduce the monotonous look of the land.

Keep at it. Practice makes perfect. I wish I could offer advice on the technical side, but alas, I use pen and paper to create. I might be slightly jealous of all you "techies".
    ~ whisper