Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller
So basically each zoom level has its own image, and then that image is sliced up. So for instance if I wanted to do something similar to Intermagus, I would start with the way my world map from FT looks lets say, then I would turn on the various layers to display more detail and save that as another file but with a higher resolution. Rinse and repeat. Is that correct?
That is almost absolutely correct. You'd start at the maximum zoom level and submit an image that is within the size requirements for that zoom level. Then it gets sliced up and you submit an image for the next zoom level that is proportionately larger and it gets sliced up...rinse, and then repeat...exactly.

For the first draft, if the map doesn't fill the whole space, it will be centered at each zoom level and padded accordingly. First draft won't include the tools to line things up and move them around an subsequent zoom levels. Initially, each subsequent zoom level has to be a larger version of the previous zoom level. Twice as large to be exact. And it has to be equal based on its center point, it can't be offset from center...its kinda hard to explain right now.