Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller
This is really great! My very first nitpic would be that the jpgs are losing so much clarity that as you zoom in they get really blurry. Is there a way to use PNGs instead? They would be a lot clearer and maybe a bit smaller as, IIRC, PNGs have a better compression ratio.
The three zoom levels are individual images...they are never enlarged or anything. The poorer quality I think you're mentioning is actually from things not rendering well at that size in CC3. For example, when you zoom from the max view, to the middle zoom level, a whole new set of jpegs is loaded as opposed to the map being zoomed in by enlarging existing images. The third zoom level (where one continent has some symbol detail) didn't render very well...a lot of the fonts are unreadable and things are kinda jumpy...Thats the way it came out of CC3, I just sliced it. I am going to try pngs though, just to see what kind of difference it makes.

Also the map seemed to 'jump' around in the applet from when it first reloaded to when I zoomed back out. It seemed to shift to the left.
The maximum view zoom level does not line up with the others for some reason. Therefore when you zoom back out, you don't quite get what you expect because the tiles aren't related properly. I'm working on it.