Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Independancy of Khamid

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Awesome Nate. I checked out the rest of the series on DeviantArt, unbelievable. This is truly a life work. Are you going to release the atlas? I'm curious, did you create this for a game or a novel...? If for a game, how do you find the time to use it!
    thanks

its a bit of both - i have some 3.5 rules written up for the world, though nothing presentable. I have run a few adventures in the world, though its mostly showed how bad the D20 system is for such a 'modern' world (it's not very combat-oriented and would be better suited to intrigue, investigation and horror), so if i started writing vague conversion rules for Numenera as well as Gurps but nothing concrete.

I also write short stories in the world and am working on a novel, though to be honest I;v got sidetracked by the worldbuilding and am not doing much writing.

A lot of people have shown interest in an atlas, and while I have one written up as part of my worldbuilding I was never intending to do anything with it. My original plan was to maybe one day publish a 5-volume encyclopaedia for the world (in total i have about 1,500,000 words, about a third of which are in the first volume - like the encyclopedia Britannica), one of which is the atlas, though I'd need a team of writers to do something like that and get it finished in my lifetime! so I might do an atlas/campaign setting with gazetteer entries for each region and interesting character archetypes etc. - basically a campaign setting without rules.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    so I might do an atlas/campaign setting with gazetteer entries for each region and interesting character archetypes etc. - basically a campaign setting without rules.
    Yesssssss. Make it happen, man!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Great looking map! This looks like the kind of maps I had to use when I navigated navy destroyers around Asia. Very cool!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Great looking map! This looks like the kind of maps I had to use when I navigated navy destroyers around Asia. Very cool!
    sounds interesting! I was aiming for a more realistic ctyle, so I'll take that as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Yesssssss. Make it happen, man!
    My only worry is artwork. I can do anatomical drawings of animals and plants, though proper art is beyond my grasp. so I worry there will be a lack of artwork (partially why I was going for an old Encycopedia Brittanica style) and people might be turned off. I know that in my case when it comes to campaign settings its usually the art that sells it for me

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, you could do like an art exchange type of thing - find a character artist who needs maps, and you guys work a massive trade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12