Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
Awesome Nate. I checked out the rest of the series on DeviantArt, unbelievable. This is truly a life work. Are you going to release the atlas? I'm curious, did you create this for a game or a novel...? If for a game, how do you find the time to use it!
thanks

its a bit of both - i have some 3.5 rules written up for the world, though nothing presentable. I have run a few adventures in the world, though its mostly showed how bad the D20 system is for such a 'modern' world (it's not very combat-oriented and would be better suited to intrigue, investigation and horror), so if i started writing vague conversion rules for Numenera as well as Gurps but nothing concrete.

I also write short stories in the world and am working on a novel, though to be honest I;v got sidetracked by the worldbuilding and am not doing much writing.

A lot of people have shown interest in an atlas, and while I have one written up as part of my worldbuilding I was never intending to do anything with it. My original plan was to maybe one day publish a 5-volume encyclopaedia for the world (in total i have about 1,500,000 words, about a third of which are in the first volume - like the encyclopedia Britannica), one of which is the atlas, though I'd need a team of writers to do something like that and get it finished in my lifetime! so I might do an atlas/campaign setting with gazetteer entries for each region and interesting character archetypes etc. - basically a campaign setting without rules.