Thread: Worldbuilding resources

Question Worldbuilding resources

As a new world builder, I appreciate this forum so very much. But I am having trouble getting the steps before mapping out the world down, namely building the world and world information.

This is to build the world for the campaign I have been working on for a long time. I have vague ideas for continents, areas, culture inspirations, and possibly a cosmology. I am just having trouble fleshing these ideas out, and transferring it to an atlas.

Are there any good resources for help with building the world in the first place? I have been trying notebook.ai and that is helping, but some articles, blogs, etc would be awesome.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I always come back to this article: http://www.sfwa.org/2009/08/fantasy-...ing-questions/

One of the most useful things I've come across, ever.

Okay I saw this tumblr post on Pinterest and immediately thought of this thread. I hope some of this info is helpful though I'm sure others can offer more opinions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92b3a2fce82c158b7371e65669eb2560.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	497.7 KB 
ID:	104854

Guild Apprentice

This thread just inspired me to go looking for World Building Workshop - link - and wow it's a good resource that I wish I'd known about earlier. Go take a look, it has some good cover and links for everything from tectonics to language. And some great inspirational music too!