Thread: Wilbur: Using Mound or Fill Basin on DEM data of islands?

Default Wilbur: Using Mound or Fill Basin on DEM data of islands?

I have some LIDAR data files where the ocean is at height 0, I intend to use them in a game engine and have dropped the sea surface to use a water material. However this left every island with vertical cliffs below the sea surface, I'm trying to use the Mound tool "upside down" to generate a slope down to the sea floor from each of them, but I'm having some odd effects (over the surface everything flattened to the max height, below the surface my sea floor slopes until 1000m rather than 100m)
    Has anyone done anything similar?

That's an odd bug. I did notice that if I entered -0.1 for the minimum value, -100 for the maximum value, clicked preview, changed maximum back to 100, and then clicked apply, the mound was showing as getting increasingly lower. It was also going to -100, which is not as desired. However, using Filter>>Mathematical>>Scale with a value of 0.1 did properly scale the below-sea part to from -0.01 to -100.

Further uses of the mound look like there is an exponential operation being applied somewhere. Lazy software developers producing shoddy products is the only excuse. Doesn't anyone ever test these things or do they just get pushed out and wait for end-user reports?