Thread: Howdy! First post and a map.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I've uploaded new and much smaller versions of the maps now. The maps are just as large, but the filesize is a lot smaller

But the ocean bothers me a bit. When I look at the maps on my PC, they are ok, but the water looks horrible on my laptop....it just looks "white"?!?

Feel free to comment on the colour palette as well. You're more than probably seeing other colours than me (since I'm "colour challenged"), and some of them might need replacing?

I'll post updates later once I make some progress on the maps

Welcome to the Guild! Gotta love that nick

Quote Originally Posted by Elvish Presley View Post
    But the ocean bothers me a bit. When I look at the maps on my PC, they are ok, but the water looks horrible on my laptop....it just looks "white"?!?
    Laptops then to be tricky like that as I can reproduce what you describe by simply lifting and lowering the laptop's screen. My advice would be to darken the ocean color.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvish Presley View Post
    Feel free to comment on the colour palette as well. You're more than probably seeing other colours than me (since I'm "colour challenged"), and some of them might need replacing?
    Looks good to me (shades of yellow, orange and brown if that helps) as there's nothing that clashes.
    I don't mean to sound disparaging, but you could lessen your worries if you did this in grayscale. Going that way could indeed be interesting but it's your call
    "Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities, truth isn't."
    -- Samuel Langhorne Clemens a.k.a. Mark Twain. (1897) Following the Equator.