Thread: Digital re-draw of Al'Hajidir

Wip Digital re-draw of Al'Hajidir

Al'Hajidir: The first city map for a Pathfinder homebrew campaign that began about 4 years ago.

Coastal, trade-based city on the edge of the Wastes (desert) and the Black Water Delta.

Government: Shah (Nibal Khan) and local Merchant Lord council.

Culture: largely Middle Eastern with Chinese influences (an attempt to create a "Silk Road" Metropolis)

Clothing: Robes, turbans, sandals, kasiks, facial jewelry, scarfs

Architecture: Towers, onion domes, red-tile roofs, open bazaars, adobe houses, rickety wooden structures,
    sloped/angular roofs, small shrines

Economy: Merchant-run, trading, bazaars, sea-trade, and over-land trade (unique trade across the desert)

Goods: Cloth, wool, fish, spices, religious objects/relics, artifacts, metals, building materials

Services: Metallurgy, enchantment, armorers, sea travel, ship-building

Starting with the in-use version of the city map (sorry for the kool-aid stains) I drew about 4 years ago. Then the terrible digitally edited version of the photo with a legend and icons. Finally my attempt to recreate the map in GIMP. I don't have every step, but I'll keep this thread updated as I complete the map. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions on how to make the legend and icons let me know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al' Hajidir City Map.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	104652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al'Hajidir City Map Labelled.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	104653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al'Hajidir Illustration (1:2 done).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	104654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al'Hajidir Illustration (City Completed).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	755.3 KB 
ID:	104655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al'Hajidir Illustration (City and Landscape Complete).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	758.3 KB 
ID:	104656  

Awsome job!
    Would you mind if i used this as a city in a tabletop simulator world mod im creating? Its set in the world of Tal'dorei and your city is pretty much how i imagined Stiben from that setting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hey Torndo,

Thanks for the props! And I don't mind if you use it as long as you credit my work. I'd like to hear more about this project you're working on though, sounds awesome.

*low whistle* That is one impressive looking city map, both the original and the new digital version. I would like to see it a bit better though, could you perhaps upload it in a bit larger resolution? At the current size, there isn't much I can say about the details.

I don't know if it's just the monitor on my end, but the green hue of the land is a bit too aggressively bright for my eyes. That is just a minor nitpick and a very personal one at that, I am somewhat fond of 'moody' colors as J.Edward puts it

I look forward to see this progress, I like what I see so far!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks mate! I'll be sure to upload a higher res version once I can retrieve it from my laptop. It crashed out a few weeks ago and I'm in the process of recovering my files.

And I appreciate the input on the colors. I typically do b&w but I gave color a try this time. I'll mess with it and see what I can do.