Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Light Challenge: Continent of Domela

WIPTime

Finally have enough progress on this one where I thought it needed a new WIP. And so... whoop, here it is! So what's different? Let's see... I added some "green things" (aka forests), modified that shore effect I was using to be a little less severe, and added POI icons and Nation Names!

So far, I'm pretty satisfied with it, but still have some distance to go. Come to think of it, I'd better get back to work!

Please leave your comments, concerns, complements, condolences, congratulations, confessions, confections, and conflagrations below. They are all greatly appreciated.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiteChal_18FebMar(WIP3).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	648.4 KB 
ID:	105398

Quote Originally Posted by mixerbach View Post

Neyasha:
    You may have read that that was not my first attempt at those mountains. No, it was more like the third or fourth try. I swear that the mountains stump me every time!
    That being said, I wanted to say that the difference between the mountains and the rest of the map is not a complete accident. I had rather hoped that it would provide a nice contrast to have the mountains so sharp, while other elements took a softer tone. But after reading your comment, I'm wondering if the "nice contrast" I wanted is reading more like a "clashy mismatch!" Regardless, you've given me something to consider, so thank you!
    I have to admit that to me it was some kind of "clashy mismatch". But now, with the other elements added, the mountain ridges don't look like a mismatch any longer and they blend in nicely. And I really like the forests!
    Now my only critic is that to my eyes "Cleag Prax" is a bit difficult to read - perhaps the shadows blend in too well with the mountains. Maybe a white instead of a grey shadow would provide a better contrast?
    Last edited by Neyasha; 03-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Hey mixerbach ! Really good forests, I like the icons too, but the yellow (Esharia) is too bright for me. You may be have planned to add some texture to the plains ?
    PS : It seems that your posts are in Times or something like this, is it intended ?
    Cheers

Last one for this challenge. Thanks again for the great comments and thanks for Bogie for the great challenge!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiteChal_18FebMar(WIP4).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	971.2 KB 
ID:	105506

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12