Thread: The Wandering Lands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The Wandering Lands

I've been working on a world map for an upcoming TTRPG campaign, and this is my first sketch.

In-universe, the landmasses move, so north (as read by a compass) isn't really a meaningful direction. So I thought to place something at "parallel 0" to more or less work as a magical, stable north. Not entirely sure I love that though ... at least not with this current landmass.

landmass.svg

Hi desrivieres! Nice map, good start. As for what to position in parallel 0, I would dive into your worlds lore. Like, is this point a really powerful magic concentration? Who made the map, a mage scholar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink_alpinist View Post
    Hi desrivieres! Nice map, good start. As for what to position in parallel 0, I would dive into your worlds lore. Like, is this point a really powerful magic concentration? Who made the map, a mage scholar?
    Thank you! The idea was more or less to put a place of Magical Interest there. I ended up drawing some other landmasses, and I think placing a small island there helped with the focal point problem (even if it might seem a bit more artificial - but that's fine. The lands *are* artificial, anyways)

I tried to place some color and some coastline embelishments, although I'm not sure about the textureless sea ... I think I'm gonna try out some textures before fleshing out the land.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wandering_lands.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	555.5 KB 
ID:	137553