• gorkamorka - Mediterranean Sailing Map

1 1.89%
  • Greason Wolfe - Haevenstadt Harbor

1 1.89%
  • Hoel - Carlsborg 1890

34 64.15%
  • industrygothica - Reimagining the Strand

4 7.55%
  • Korrigan - Lorac, the World of Marble (Note that this entry was started in November)

4 7.55%
  • languard - Ayvrst

3 5.66%
  • Malakor - World of Graelor

12 22.64%
  • MarkusTay - Mysterious Island

1 1.89%
  • Midgardsormr - Galerius Hallow

1 1.89%
  • mmmmmpig - The Trek from Home

0 0%
  • monks - Middle Earth

10 18.87%
  • Nomadic - Anchors Away

15 28.30%
  • Rahva - Hermeiis

4 7.55%
  • Sagenlicht - The City of Tarhun

2 3.77%
  • Steel General - Ythrak Lakdanaan (Domain of the Exalted)

18 33.96%
  • ukgpublishing - Dead and Still Standing

11 20.75%
  • Valarian - Gwaelydd Peninsular

5 9.43%
  • Ydars - City of the Old Ones

1 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: *** January Challenge - Create a Map for Print! ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think that makes 3 out of the last 4 for Bohunk - an impressive streak to say the least.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Indeed, I am glad though. Not only did someone win who really deserved it, but enough people thought I deserved a shot that I wound up in 5th place. For my first time through these contests that is an incredible honor for me.

Congratulations to the winners as well as to everyone else who entered. It was alot of fun for me and I hope for the rest of you all. Here's to the next contest, may it have as many entries and as much activity (I know I will be joining it).

Blog Entries

Well done Bohunk - 73 % of vote is pretty decisive and to Hoel too for an amazing map also. Doubly amazing that a map that good still cant win - man, these challenges are getting tough. Lets hope we see some of these in the GP shop soon. Send in any photos of people holding up poster sized prints or tables draped with these battlemaps

Wow! This is a great honor and I appreciate every vote. I honestly thought SG would win. When I first saw his map I was floored. My map is a decent copy of a style of map making, but Hoel’s, SG’s and almost everybody else’s maps are unique, well at least unique to me, so I thought I would lose badly.

Anyway, thanks again.
    Last edited by Bohunk; 02-01-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

yup, Congrats to all.

I can't complain about how it went either. All four of my votes made the top 4 but my fav didn't win (sorry Bo, but I have a cannon fetish ) but it was still a well deserved win for Bohunk
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Post I will setup the FTP account tomorrow.

I will setup the FTP account tomorrow, so Bohunk can upload his map to the Gamer Printshop server, so I can get his map printed. Bohunk send me a PM with your mailing address so I can get this map to you.

I will also be sending out account information to the other entrants, so that other entries can be loaded for posting on the Gamer Printshop Ecommerce site for sales, and Guild profits! Looks like the site will be getting some great maps to offer!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Just wanted to take a moment to congratulate everyone involved in this month's challenge. There was some real beautiful work and even though I wasn't able to finish my entry in time, the learning experience was good and the feedback was even better. And I would especially like to thank GP for sponsoring the challenge.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Let me second, or is it twentieth everyone in my congrats to Bohunk and all the other entrants. I picked a tough month to throw my hat into the arena, but the entries were excellent and as I said before it wouldn't have suprised me if Bohunks map had turned up in the School Antique Map Library

Later all

John

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Better late than never...Very well done everyone, and congrats on the win Bohunk! Send us proof!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Congrats Bohunk!

GP, do you think you could post a picture of the map coming off the printer or something? I think it would be fun to see it even if it is in a photo.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast