Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I did it! CC3+CD3 is ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    I've finished the first part of your tut, but can't find the export button...
    Let's explore profrantasys help files...
    I like it and I'm beginning to understand better the amount of work that goes in to Gandwarfs maps.
    I've found a few features I'll explore a bit.. Using sheats to make multi leveled buildings and so on.
    Ok, questions for the pros now:
    -Using a bitmap as background.. possible?
    Yes. In fact that is the method for tracing over raster images.

-How do i add textures. Mostly thinking roof textures.
    Is it just to put a .png in the right folder and selecting it in CD?
    You actually add the texture to the symbol if you are talking raster texture. I believe you can do it with sheet effects as well, but I haven't really had time to get into them enough to explain how.

-Where do i change the sun angle for the shadows?
    I believe that is done via the City menu. I don't have it in front of me to check though.

-Can i export the roofs+shadows in a transparent png?
    Turn off all other layers, save as PNG.

-Can i export just one sheat by just hiding the rest?
    You can save any view of the map, but individual sheets would probably have to be saved as a file.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post Join the Profantasy boards.

Hoel,

You ought to join the Profantasy boards and post both your solutions and questions to the people there. Ralf, my contact at Profantasy, visits and comments the boards regularly. If anyone can give you a scripting solution, its someone on those boards.

I'm sure they'd be interested in your shadow overlap fix!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Looking good!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

RPmiller: Thanks for clearing it up. Now i know it's possible, I should be able to figure out how to do it.

GP: I'll join over at profantasy... I realized that myself when i was trying to sleep last night. They must have some script-mozarts over there.

It more and more looks like CD3 is a killer app. I really have to order it I think. Just need to finish a small project regarding my Etrakien map first though, before I have the time to look in to CD3.

RPmiller: Thanks for clearing it up. Now i know it's possible, I should be able to figure out how to do it.

GP: I'll join over at profantasy... I realized that myself when i was trying to sleep last night. They must have some script-mozarts over there.
    Indeed they do. Ralf is actually a member here as is Simon, the owner, but for obvious reasons they spend their time over there. I've made a couple posts there and always got immediate and solid answers right away so joining up over there is a very good idea.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

*raises hand* I working on learning CC3 scripting, and I'm a programmer by trade, so creating a script to export all layers to png sounds like a good learning project.

Ianguard: Sounds great! Can you do it so I can select the layers I want to export by checkboxes? That would be best.

What am I doing wrong now? I'm making a part of the capital of Moenia (the whole city will be a later project) as a hybird.
    I created the terrain in photoshop and imported it to the common sheat in CD. First time I used very big piece of the map and i realized it's to small scale, so I tried to redo it. I made a small cut out in PS and tried to import as before (Draw->Insert file). It showed the file but as soon as it redrew the map (zooming in) it was gone.

And I still haven't found how to change the direction of the sun.. There's nothing in the help file and I've searched the profantasy forum.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

And I still haven't found how to change the direction of the sun.. There's nothing in the help file and I've searched the profantasy forum.
    Right-clicking on the effects button and selecting 'Global Sun' isn't what you need? I'm not aware of any other sun setting.

That easy huh.
    Hadn't noticed it there. Thanks alot!
    Now I just have to find out what I'm doing wrong with the bitmap import.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast