Thread: [Award Winner] My atlas style in PS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You start with one layer called "background" and then render some clouds on it. Duplicate this layer. This will then be called "background copy". Create a new layer, then hit the Edit button at the top of the screen. A menu will pop up so scroll down to where it says "fill". A window pops up and where it says "foreground color" change that to "50% gray". Change the blend mode of this layer to "hard mix" and then rename it to "base". Click back on the "background copy" layer and start painting with the brush. Our low opacity painting will show as black and white changes on the "base" layer. We then copy the "background copy" layer (called background copy 2) and merge the base layer to it.

It looks like you just forgot the 50% gray layer (with a hard mix blend mode) and that's messing things up for you. Hopefully, we've got it straightened out now.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post Thanks

Thank you so much for clearing that up. I thought you meant the Hard mix mode in the pop-up for the fill. I didn't know you still had to change the drop menu that is listed on the Layers menu as well.

Eric