Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious places in Sweden

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Oh darn, they're watercolour, huh? I knew it, then I forgot or something. Now I look again, these maps are double gorgeous then xD! Watercolours, at least to me, are super hard to use.
    The colour is actually digital. I used some custom-made watercolour texture to give it a more traditional feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    The maps and illustrations are amazing! And the book sounds very interesting as well. Do you know if there will be a translation? Altough I speak some Norwegian, I don't think I could manage to read a book in Swedish.
    Thank you!
    I don't know if there will be any translation, but if you can speak Norwegian then Swedish should be easy enough to read.

Guild Expert

Wow, these are gorgeous! And I checked out you're illustration web site as well it's very impressive, you're work is stunning.

Splendid pieces! Those illustrations are lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by onez View Post
    The colour is actually digital. I used some custom-made watercolour texture to give it a more traditional feeling.
    Yes this texture really makes wonders. I was trying to make some watercolour texture some time ago and realized i have no idea how to make one good. I guess i dont have necessary brushes foe that.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Looks like there is a scandinavian theme, lately ! Great maps, Onez.
    I just love this clean style and your "isla nublar" color palette.

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Yes this texture really makes wonders. I was trying to make some watercolour texture some time ago and realized i have no idea how to make one good. I guess i dont have necessary brushes foe that.
    I am not good with watercolor, I just splashed randomly (wet on wet) on a decent watercolor paper, to get a good texture, then scanned it.
    I made 3 different textures, and I keep them all in a PSD file where I can combine them with different layer modes, adjust saturation and the likes, so I can make a large amount of different textures with just 3 images.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Looks like there is a scandinavian theme, lately ! Great maps, Onez.
    I just love this clean style and your "isla nublar" color palette.
    Thanks!
    Yeah I live in Sweden so I get to work on a lot of local stuff (all the maps I'm working on are actually maps of Sweden, or parts of it)

Impressive work as always. I really like the water-color-like effect of your digital painting. Looks really nice against the ink-work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hey! This gives me hope onez...
    Really love these, watercolour or not.

Beautiful maps, just gorgeous. I'm with Voolf on the texture, it does indeed work wonders. I'll have to keep that technique in mind, thanks for the tip!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast