Thread: Geldor climate zones and ocean currents - feedback appreciated

Default Geldor climate zones and ocean currents - feedback appreciated

I have been working on Geldor for ten years. After a handful of map extensions and redraws I'm finally comfortable with how the world looks.

Yesterday I re-colored my biome map to make it more accurate, however I am not an earth scientist so I was hoping users here could point out anything implausible or suggest what may be more likely. Thanks!

Key
    Gray - Tundra
    Light Blue - Taiga
    Purple - Montaine
    Light Green - Temperate forest
    Yellow - Temperate Steppe
    Brown - Dry Steppe
    Orange - Mediterranean
    Red brown - Near Desert
    Crimson - Desert
    Gold - Savannah
    Green - Sub-Tropical Forest
    Dark Green - Tropical Forest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9pDoebw.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	775.5 KB 
ID:	105330

Guild Apprentice

It looks good at a glance to me, feels like a plausible layout with everything where it makes sense - nice work.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Would you consider a bit more of circular currents in between your archipelagos? Also, would you have any part of the ocean as “Bermuda triangle” kind of situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    It looks good at a glance to me, feels like a plausible layout with everything where it makes sense - nice work.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stanlei View Post
    Would you consider a bit more of circular currents in between your archipelagos? Also, would you have any part of the ocean as “Bermuda triangle” kind of situation?
    I think I could add a few around the equator. As far as Bermuda weather goes, I'll looke more into what causes the irregularities at that line of latitude. Thank you!