Thread: The Land of Domela - WIP

Wip The Land of Domela - WIP

I've participated in quite a few of the Lite Challenges here at the CG and, as a result, now have quite a collection of maps whose states of completion range from 25% to 95%. Despite this, I don't recall ever being compelled to, after the deadline, complete what I started during the challenge. That is to say, I have never felt that aforementioned compulsion prior to today.

If you are unfamiliar with the Lite Challenge, let me tell you about what fun you're missing out on. Every month a creative prompt is provided to you by the Lite Challenge's host, Bogie (aka Bogermeister, Bogerino, etc.) Ranging from the very specific to the very broad, the prompts provide newbie cartographers (like me) a project in which to exercise my cartographic muscles. Everyone involved in the challenge is incredibly supportive and helpful, fellow competitors especially. At the end of the month, there are three days of voting and the winner gets the very prestigious Silver Compass award.

I had the pleasure of participating in the February - March 2018 edition of the Lite Challenge. We were provided with the following land shape and told to map it, including the marked Points of Interest:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldMap-Base.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	105613

After the month was up, my last WIP was as follows. I was very pleased with some aspects of this map, while other items went completely unaddressed ("Ummmm... which way is NORTH supposed to be on your map there, MB? Hmmmm?")
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiteChal_18FebMar(WIP4).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	971.2 KB 
ID:	105614

Anyway, it's my hope that, by opening this thread, I'll keep kicking my own butt until this map is as finished as I originally envisioned it. Along the way, dear reader, I would appreciate any advice, encouragement, likes and dislikes you can provide me. Regardless, thanks for having a look and reading this!

Happy mapping!

It's great to see that you want to finish this even though the challenge has ended. I admire your perseverance and look forward to seeing the final version. Just one comment: The coats of arms are a bit too large in comparison with the map, in my opinion. Anyway, great job!