Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: This is me! (Pictures Topic)

Sadly enough, I lost most of my pictures when my motherboard crashed a few months back. I'll have to install and scavenge from the old hard drive one of these days. I have, however, been told that I resemble Dana Carvey, though I can't see it when I look in the mirror. And I did google myself one time. It came as no surprise that there were, at least at the time, no entries for me, but my last name is extremely unusual and only four hits came up for it, so go figure.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

This is all slightly worrying in light of the potential employers googling you thing.
    After all, they google you and your name comes up on Facebook with embarrassing pictures included of some guy with your name doing stupid things while drunk, "interests: white supremacy, cocaine, kittens, world domination, bonsai and vivisection".
    So that job application is going through the shredder and you have no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    The attached photo is 3 years old, from my trip to Kuau'i, Hawaii - I'm on driftwood on the beach near my hotel, and the Pacific is behind me.

I never get photos of myself, but this pic is pretty much how I still look, though, maybe a few more greys in my hair - average, skinny with slight bulge at center, short...

GP
    LOL! I always imagined you to look more Japanese!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahva View Post
    This is all slightly worrying in light of the potential employers googling you thing.
    After all, they google you and your name comes up on Facebook with embarrassing pictures included of some guy with your name doing stupid things while drunk, "interests: white supremacy, cocaine, kittens, world domination, bonsai and vivisection".
    So that job application is going through the shredder and you have no idea why.
    LOL. Now I know why some of those interviews didn't go so well for me...
    There's an evil Gandwarf somewhere out there.
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-30-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Ah the joys of having one of the most common names in America.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Hi All

Well this is me, last year in Greece. Not normally that red

As for people googling me, good look as I share the name of a well known football (soccer for those in the US) in this country.

Laters all

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0301.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	9780  

Post Only if I say so

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    LOL! I always imagined you to look more Japanese!
    No doubt, Ravs, I'm the least Japanese looking, Japanese American I know. Only if I tell people my middle name (Kenji) or that I'm Japanese, would they even guess. My sister doesn't even have the slight mongolian fold I have.

I sat in an AmVets (American Veterans Association) bar drinking a beer. There was an older gentleman, all loud next to me, talking about how he got shot down twice over the Battle of the Coral Sea in WW2 by Japanese Zeros. He was shot down, rescued. Then on another sortie was shot down again. He bought me a beer as he told his tale. I didn't have the heart to tell him I was Japanese. However, it turned out he was driving around in a Mitsubishi pickup truck (who built the Zeros duing the war), so I didn't feel so bad!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

nice new avatar Gandwarf.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

This is from a couple of weeks ago at a game session at the local FLGS. I'm the guy standing up in the middle with the "You want to do what?! Muahahaha!" look on my face.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1021 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	9785  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

ukg -- I hope your name isn't Wayne Rooney, that would be terrible.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast