Thread: About 100 fantasy interiors for a board game

Default About 100 fantasy interiors for a board game

Hi Cartographers!

I'm a long-time lurker here, always amazed at the quality of the work.

I am working on a board game and looking to commission an artist for up to 100 small interior maps. It's a 3D tile-laying game in which players explore a fantasy mansion. The rooms are unusual shapes - think Tetris pieces - and while some are generic Halls, Secret Passages and Balconies, others are unique locations like a Dungeon and Scrying Room. They will be printed rather small (about 26x26mm per Tetris square, at a scale of roughly 10' x 10') so the detail can't be too high, but I want them each to be unique and interesting. Also graphically unified, feeling like they all belong to the same place. I will also be working as Artistic Director on this, so I need an artist who is open to feedback and alterations.

Please let me know if this sounds interesting to you, and if so what kind of time frame and cost I could expect.

Here is an example of a style I really like, though this to too detailed for the small size of the pieces.

That sounds like it would be fun.
    What is your deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That sounds like it would be fun.
    What is your deadline?
    It's a personal project so there is no external deadline, but I'd like to have the art wrapped up in 2-3 months.

Hey Thieves_of_Atlantis,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Hey, this sounds pretty cool!

I'd be up for helping with this. You can check out some of my work here, and can contact me at gshipp [at] lostinmaps [dot] co [dot] uk.

Cheers,
    Greg

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Thieves_of_Atlantis,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Hey Thieves,
    What's up with this request?
    I never heard anything more.
    Did you find someone to work with?

Interested.

Is the position still open? If yes, could you include an email contact, perhaps?

Sorry everyone!! I responded to this three times and just figured out that because I was clicking the "I'm not a robot" checkbox before writing my reply, it timed out and didn't post my response! Newbie mistake.

Many thanks to all of you who sent links to your work. The quality of the art in this community is incredibly high. So impressive, I love coming here and just looking around.

I think I've found my artist. She's sent me a few draft pieces and I'm really happy so far. So please consider this request closed.

If for any reason our work together is interrupted, I'll be back here right away.

Best Wishes,

Thieves