Thread: Ravenloft Catacombs Alignment Fix

Map Ravenloft Catacombs Alignment Fix

This is a map of Ravenloft's Catacombs (Map 12), based on Jon Pintar's "Castle Ravenloft - Realistic Maps".

It's my attempt to fix the "alignment problem". This map makes the tomb of Barov and Ravenovia (K88) be centered under the garden overhang (K6), while not moving the spiral staircase (K18).

I tried to retain the overall symmetry of the layout. The shifted crypts caused Crypt 12 to nicely align with the secret passage, so just switch the descriptions for Crypt 12 and Crypt 1 when using this map.

Because I only changed the layout of the catacombs (K84), I pixelated the other attached tomb rooms (K85 - K88) so as not to infringe on Mr. Pintar's work. He has quite a nice set of maps that you can easily find and purchase on the internet. The map here uses the same pixel settings as his maps, of 150 pixels = 5 feet.

G. Jensen also has a nice set of "Castle Ravenloft hires colour jpg maps". He also attempts to fix the alignment problem using a different way. If you don't like my my take, I encourage you to check out his.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2b_M12b_Catacombs_pix-50.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	105838