Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
Great to see another "modern/futuristic" map from you John. I think i haven't seen one since your wonderful"Region 09 Overscan" and i hoped you would bless us from time to time with something alike. The palette is really cool and the overall layout/composition is fantastic indeed. The ochre mountains seemed a bit drowned by the dark background at first sight, but i agree, for a "political" map it seems appropriate to have them as subtle as possible.
Oh, and i heard Ilanthar is a very wise man, better listen to him! (:
Back in 2016 ? maybe... can't recall... the year where we had the yearly challenge before we started doing the atlas awards...
I had started several different maps. Ultimately I was going to do this one scifi map.
And there it still sits on my computer. It's a blue themed one too, like the overscan map.
I have plans for other modern maps, as i do quite love and enjoy modern maps.
But it just doesn't seem to fit in to my work schedule or my work theme either.
But, be assured, there will be more modern and scifi maps from me.
Especially if Ilanthar has his way. ;P hehe
Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
This is really cool J. The simple, but elegant palette works beautifully!
Thank you Greg
Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
Where could you possibly have heard that ?!
Are you watching over my dreams? Some of my friends would call it disinformation .
Hehe I take my inspiration from Ilanthar for scifi maps.
In fact, he's not a bad person to take inspiration from for any sort of map.
Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
Feel kind of odd that this is one of your first world maps, John o_O I really like it. The land shapes are exactly what I've come to expect from you and the map is rather simple but very appealing.
I know, right. I was surprised when I realized it.
I've done tons of world map sketches and full equirectangular maps for use in g.projector.
But I never post any of those. I guess because they are related to stories I write [slowly].
And as such I am not sure what parts of the map should and shouldn't be shown before the story is done.
Examples being - Luma [Bourmout, Haerlech, and others], Nhyn [Skenara, Haldeshar, Trolnarm, etc.], etc.
There are world maps for those, but they haven't been posted.
There's also a world map for Qaliste, though it isn't really a finished thing.