Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mar / April '18 Lite Challenge: Mus Murinae

Well of course I love this new moon

This is really yumm.... I mean cool. Yes, I mean cool

Heheh nice work. When I saw QED42 as the moon name I thought QEDDAR42 if it was made of cheese

Woohoo! I am a constellation. This is looking better and better. I had thought of trying to pull a sci-fi theme but couldn't settle on a solid idea.

On a side note I am starting to shake off my blah mood, so hopefully I can get back to work on my entry.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

This is such a cool map! I never did a sci-fi map myself but I love looking at them. I'm looking forward to your next update.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Heheh nice work. When I saw QED42 as the moon name I thought QEDDAR42 if it was made of cheese
    Ha! I may need to make that change...

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Woohoo! I am a constellation. This is looking better and better. I had thought of trying to pull a sci-fi theme but couldn't settle on a solid idea.
    On a side note I am starting to shake off my blah mood, so hopefully I can get back to work on my entry.
    Yay, I'm glad the blahs are ebbing! I'm under the weather so I've had a lot of couch and computer time. I'm glad I started this map, as it's kept my mind off how cruddy I feel.

The moment I decided to do a sci-fi map, I knew you'd be a constellation. It looks nothing like a wolf, but none of our constellations look like anything to me, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Well of course I love this new moon
    This is really yumm.... I mean cool. Yes, I mean cool
    I wound up taking a photo of a piece of Swiss cheese. Then I ate it, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    This is such a cool map! I never did a sci-fi map myself but I love looking at them. I'm looking forward to your next update.
    Thank you! I've really enjoyed putting this one together.

The most recent version is below. I think I'm done with the graphics (other than fixing the solar system planets and any other typos/mistakes). Now I just have to come up with some more text.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guildworld Mockup v5 (sm).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	106218

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    The moment I decided to do a sci-fi map, I knew you'd be a constellation. It looks nothing like a wolf, but none of our constellations look like anything to me, either.
    Eh, it kind of looks like a wolf if you think of the "northeastern" stars as being the head of a howling wolf. And not certain but did you maybe forget a star in that portion of the constellation? Every other "corner" has a star except that one. If its intentional then just ignore that last bit of rambling on my part.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Well that's excellent, because the northeastern stars ARE supposed to be the head of a howling wolf! Thanks for pointing out the missing star. Something is covering it - time for a layer hunt!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

This is turning into a super cool sci-fi map! Love it especially the mapping on the sphere looks really good

Thanks, Southern Crane! It's come together pretty quickly. I think I'm done with all the bulk of it, although still very much open to suggestions. I need some time away from the map so that I can come back and spot typos and such.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guildworld Mockup v6 (sm).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	5.15 MB 
ID:	106226

Looking good. But maybe Constellation instead of Contellation in the description box. Figured I'd help you out with those typos, although you might have to adjust the font size or box size to fix that one.
    GW

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast