Thread: The Siege of Tarynth

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Map The Siege of Tarynth

My completed map for the March 2018 Challenge, “Map a Feud.” I thought it would be fun to map a siege, so I did. I try to make many of my maps relevant to my D&D game; this provides some historical color but won’t actually be used in-game (except the PCs may find a copy of it). I started with pencil and paper, then moved to Photoshop. The text I used is Dark Roast, available at dafont.com. I used two different paper backgrounds, one from texturelib.com and one from my own collection.

WIP thread is here.

Some 450 years past, the kingdom of Shannara was plunged into a second decade-long civil war between the great houses of Weston and Wickham. In 910 A.C., the forces commanded by Lord Wickham sacked Tarynth, capital of the realm and seat of House Weston, and Lord Janos Wickham installed himself as king. Driven out of the city but not conceding defeat, Lord Philip Weston called upon his allies from all across the realm. They laid siege to the city beginning in 912 A.C., aided by rebel forces inside of Tarynth (including the City Guard) who had been subjected to vicious and depraved treatment by the self-styled King Janos and his cronies and much preferred life under Weston rule. Both of the great houses also called upon the services of mercenary companies from the nearby realm of Duscany, brought in by ship via Angler's Bay to the south and Freedom Bay to the west. After a great battle on 7 Kwanch 913, the Weston forces finally liberated Tarynth and people across the realm rejoiced.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siege of Tarynth Fancy v10 (FINAL)(sm).jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	106259

Very nice work, Aeshnidae! And I like this kind of "in world" layout .