Thread: Paizo City Map Attempt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That looks really cool; colors are great, it's clean and clear, and it has a "fun" vibe. Excellent job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Done!

Done with the map. Yeah, its only a town, rather than the city Paizo wanted, but then it was completed in 4.5 hours, so that should mean something to them. Although there is some "realism" in the mountain form and the river texture, its still simple enough to work as a "turn over", rather than a completed map.

I feel the traffic flow works. This location is the site of a Ranger's Lodge in a particularly hostile region of the wilderness. Local communities have sought refuge by this stronghold of fighting men and sworn allegiance to the Ranger Lord. It is a relatively young town, have formed during the Ogre Swarm some 20 years ago. The Druid's Circle is the oldest structure on the site and for its protection, the Ranger's Lodge was built a century ago.

Since I needed inspiration to compell me to create the town, (I guess I find city/town design too tedious for my results oriented nature) I borrowed the names and background for my Barbarian campaign and maps elsewhere...

Besides having a town around Craefort makes this a more playable setting for my own campaign - and idea generating as well!

Craefort - Borderlands Town... enjoy!

GP

PS: just got back from gaming and knocked this map out in the wee hours - now I'll send a link to Paizo...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pictish-town.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	9825  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-01-2009 at 05:41 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations