Thread: Junior Cartographer reporting!

Default Junior Cartographer reporting!

Junior in experience and not age would be more honest.

Been gaming and GM'ing for over 30 years in most genres but have always settled for poorly hand drawn maps but now I'm trying to step my game up. Been fiddling with GIMP and was recommended to join this group to learn and find inspiration.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

You came to the right place. Check out the tutorials forum, there's plenty there for the GIMPee to learn from. Post a thread, and if you want advice or get stuck, let us know.

Welcome Macharim. I'm still in very much the same boat myself. 6 months ago GIMP was a complete mystery but thanks to everyone here, and quite a few superb tutorials from the folks in the Guild, I am now just starting to feel slightly less of a complete novice. Unfortunately that doesn't make my drawing skills much better, but hey, that's life! Anyway they're all an amazing bunch of friendly talented folk on here so jump in and start mapping.

Guild Apprentice

Welcome Macharim, I’m very much the same here, and only been a member for about four weeks. One thing I can assure is that you will find only great support here, and for me that has spurred me on. Don’t be afraid to post your own work here, someone will always give you positive feedback, which you can apply in your next project. I promise it becomes an addiction, you will need to scratch whenever you get the chance.