Thread: Anzorae

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected
    Blog Entries

Map

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    A super cute map, Heather ! I always love this 'naive' (in the good way !!) style : so charming !
    I'm not sure about a border, personally, except if you have enough place around the map to be far enough from the "waves". But a compass and a scale would be great if you feel it ! Try with a simple pencil first and take a step back to check the visual impact : you would not break the balance you already have
    I'm good with "naive". These are maps I'm doing for fun and the enjoyment of the creation process and aren't meant to be realistic nor serious.

If by the border, you're referring to the "water" around the continent, I agree that it wasn't really working. Beyond the waves going every which way, the "shallows" are too contrast-y to the rest of the map. I did take the scanned version and removed of the waves, so they're less distracting now. If I invest in Photoshop, I might see what I can do to soften the ocean border.

EDIT: Rereading this, I realize now that you were talking about a page border, not the water around continent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anzorae-cropped.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	657.2 KB 
ID:	111376

As to the compass, I know it would be very useful on ALL of my maps. I've been avoiding that element. I'm working my way towards it.
    Last edited by HeatherB; 11-10-2018 at 06:52 PM.