Thread: Map of Renaissance Italy Needed, Relatively Easy Job

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post Map of Renaissance Italy Needed, Relatively Easy Job

Alright, so this is a pretty simple job, which is why I put "Paid?" as opposed to definitely Paid as I usually would. All you need to do is take the map of the provinces of Italy that I have attached (Or use that map as a base to trace from) and alter it somewhat. What you'll need to do is label each of the "baronies" of Italy that I have defined in a list that I will give you (it's based almost entirely off the existing provinces of Italy) and alter the map to include some other regions, such as Savoy, Dalmatia, Istria, and Corsica. Then, you'll need to color in and label the map according to nation, which i will also have clearly defined based on the baronies. Basically, the result will be a detailed political map of Renaissance Italy, circa 1454. If you need more info, feel free to ask. I'm willing to pay if necessary, although I wouldn't want to pay too much for something like this where you're just altering an existing map.

Just in case you're curious, this is for a Roleplaying Community that I am creating, based in the Italian City-States during the Renaissance. If that sounds interesting to you and you'd like to potentially join the team making it, let me know! We could definitely use an artist/cartographer in our ranks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Italian_provinces.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	106655

You could check the vt bam project at alternate history forum but they barely touched Italy at this point. If you are patient, they are going to do it eventually.

Hi I haven't understood specifically what you need, but In case you are interested in my help for a paid job , feel free take a look at my profile on deviant art .

I was just right now working on a Renaissence style map based on Italian geography of the Vatican gallery of maps, but I am open to many styles.
    I am from Italy too and worked on a mod to detail most of the renaissence states in the game Europa Universalis IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Hi I haven't understood specifically what you need, but In case you are interested in my help for a paid job , feel free take a look at my profile on deviant art .

I was just right now working on a Renaissence style map based on Italian geography of the Vatican gallery of maps, but I am open to many styles.
    I am from Italy too and worked on a mod to detail most of the renaissence states in the game Europa Universalis IV.
    Hey, sorry if my description is a bit over the place. What essentially need is a political map of Renaissance era Italy, with the map split up into provinces which essentially boil down to the provinces of modern Italy, and the major Renaissance-era settlements indicated as well. It doesn’t need to be fancy, just functional. I’d prefer if it has easily editable borders, as nation borders will doubtless change over the course of the game.

something like that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grandi_Casate_Italiane_nel_1499.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	681.4 KB 
ID:	106659

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    something like that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grandi_Casate_Italiane_nel_1499.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	681.4 KB 
ID:	106659
    Yes, almost exactly like that. The only difference would be that each individual province would be labeled, so the map would probably have to be a bit bigger.