Thread: Shattered Kingdoms: The World of Karis

Post Shattered Kingdoms: The World of Karis

Pyrandon was kind enough to work with me in creating a world map of my current homebrew campaign setting that I am in the process of completely fleshing out. Pyrandon created the map from a fractal map made with a random generator that I had given him and we went from there. After a dozen or so e-mails he had a nearly finished product and I went to labeling. At some point I will be getting down to the nitty gritty and labeling/naming all of the mountain ranges/forests/rivers/ruins etc. (which will take me quite some time). Overall I am extremely pleased with the end results and I present them here to share with all of you.

Karis has just seen a near apocalypse with the end of the Abyssal Wars, a demonic onslaught that has lasted for hundreds of years and destroying kingdoms/empires left and right. Once a continent of utmost diversity and power, there remains only ten cities standing. These ten pillars of hope now must rebuild in a war torn and nearly barren landscape while still mourning for those who have been lost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	karis_final_130.jpg 
Views:	1106 
Size:	342.3 KB 
ID:	467  

Professional Artist

Nice work!

The style is very evocative. I think (with the addition of a scale) that this would make a very nice "introduction"-type map of your world. Once you get around to naming a higher density of features, I would maybe adapt a more conservative style so as to be more clear.

-Rob

Very nice!

It conveys a certain darkness that I believe (if i understand correctly) that you want!

Good job!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting - looking forward to seeing your progress.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I love this map. It's a great style, and the representations of the terrains are very refreshing. Good work!

Nice looking map! And it sure looks like a fun place to visit! Any vacation condos for sale?

You guys do know you are replying to a thread that was started in june 2007? And that MittenNinja was last here in june 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Interesting - looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Progress has been slow so far I think
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah. Ahem. Yes well. Carry on. Nothing to see here...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    You guys do know you are replying to a thread that was started in june 2007? And that MittenNinja was last here in june 2008?

Progress has been slow so far I think
    Oh well, that's what I get for not looking at the post dates.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

My bad!

Oh well.