Thread: The Lord's Keep

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks really nice. I'd suggest a few alterations. The line between the stone walls and the surrounding stone texture is very sharp which looks a little strange. It might be worth softening this a little. Also, the large glow behind the name is a bit diffuse. I'd suggest either keeping it to quite a tight drop shadow that follows the letters, or make it a proper rectangular background for the title. Right now it is half way between the two.

Thank you as always for the constructive comments. Here's my updated effort. I changed out the background for something less busy and adjusted the way I made the outer walls so that I could both outline and soften the edges a bit. I toned down the soft white area behind the text so it's just enough to make it readable without being distracting. I'm also including a snippet of one of the maps in the new 4e D&D style that I'm trying to emulate, for reference.

I guess this mean's this should have been a WIP instead of "completed" but it was really just a test for me. So I don't think I'll make any more changes to this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small Keep.JPG 
Views:	1419 
Size:	869.3 KB 
ID:	9782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4e D&D Style.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	257.4 KB 
ID:	9783  
    Last edited by JFJohnny5; 01-31-2009 at 12:23 PM.