Thread: Capital City for DnD game

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Capital City for DnD game

Hello,

I am looking for a map for my DnD game for the high elf capital city. I am not sure what price would be reasonable and while my group has discussed chipping in we havn't really gone into depth on how much we would each be willing to pay. So I'm looking for a decent deal on a relatively complex map. As far as style goes I am not overly fussy but it will be used on the digital platform of roll20 rather than being printed out.

Description below:
    The city is divided into three tiers. The lower city is pretty similar to any other major city. Its divided into zones where the inner area is mostly factories and services as well as trade and shipping where the main river flows through. Its all quite modern as they do many things that we do now with technology with magic instead despite the level of technology itself being at a renaissance level.
    The outer zones tend to be residential and as you go into the countryside you start seeing farms powered by druids and harvested by constructs, both giant and small, that feed the city. The big feature of the central zone is a large structure going up into the sky run by mages. It has many platforms that go up and down kinda like a vertical ski lift, or transparent elevator.

This leads to the upper tier which is where the financial district is as well as the mage colleges and other blue collar professions. This is also home to most of the wealthy and powerful citizens as well as most high elf families in the region. It is a very gentrified area with parks, large houses and luxury services.

High above this floating island are the major noble families, bloodlines with powerful sorcery such as the ruling dynasty of the Corels.
    Each of these private islands are large estates with the wealth and power of the house on display. The main one of these that I would want to be included is the Golden palace of the Corel family. This is a large and opulent palace, think taj mahal but made of gold.

As I said above I am not very sure what something like this would typically cost or what my players would be willing to pay so rough quotes would be appreciated. If you want to message me privately my discord username is Ceranai#3729.

Industrial elves are basically like industrial humans cities but with magic?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Sounds very complicated to be quite frank. Though I am one for an unique challenge.

Tell me, I've tried to figure out where the 'Third tier' is in this, but I'm not sure going through your texts.

Also, it being on multiple elevations, I have to ask if you are aiming for a top down city map, or more of an isometric map(The isometric being a lot more complicated and time consuming and thus more expensive)?

I will be honest, this will be one big project.

Do you have an email address?

mine is:

omriwithhope[at]gmail.com

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19