Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campaign Cartographer Discounted at Bundle of Holding

I recommend taking a look at some of the other annuals available from ProFantasy. https://www.profantasy.com/annual/2008/august08.html and https://www.profantasy.com/annual/2013/july13.html and https://www.profantasy.com/annual/2010/august10.html might be of interest to you. I'm particularly fond of the last one, but the second one is more likely to be closer to what you described.
    I also recommend just browsing through the annuals catalog at the ProFantasy website for a little bit because they have a whole lot of style variations, especially for fantasy and overland mappers.

Thanks for the tip Waldronate. I had a look at each Annual earlier this week and those particular months are indeed close to what I like. It's just a pity you have to get the entire Annual at 40$ to get the single style I'm after. I don't want to sound cheap, CC3+ is great and it makes sense that there's a cost, but to get just a few styles it adds up quickly. Being able to buy each seperate month for 8$ or so would be better for me, as I'm still trying out several types of workflow/software.
    Last edited by Errandir; 05-17-2018 at 12:04 PM.

There have been suggestions along that line before.

Maybe PF might do it that way one day?

I really don't know, since I'm only a user.

What I do know, however, is that the extremely beautiful Herwin Wielink style started off as an annual, but was eventually included in the basic CC3+ package in response to popular demand. That is what I really like about Profantasy - they are far more responsive than a lot of the bigger software companies.

They are also one of the most generous profit-making companies I've ever known. I don't think I remember there being a monthly newsletter without a relatively handsome voucher, and the Black Friday sales are just excellent.

EDIT: No, I'm not being paid to say nice things! LOL! Just telling you what I know.
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-17-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Don't worry Sue, I'm happy to have your input! Thanks by the way for the description of your workflow, very insightful.
    I'm still wavering, but as usual I probably will end up going for the lower tier Bundle of Holding so I at least have CC3+, and perhaps I'll wait for some discounts or Black Friday before getting the Annuals. Got a few days left to decide, who knows what new insights the weekend will bring...

You're welcome

I don't believe in being secretive about methods, since two people using exactly the same method will never draw exactly the same map

If nothing else, take from me the wisdom given to me by Korash, one of our community leaders (in my own words) - that it is good to be able to use one app really well, but even better to master several and use each for their right purpose like the tools in a big mapping toolbox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12