Thread: The Viska Badlands - a Craggy Wasteland Where Life Is Creeping Back In

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default The Viska Badlands - a Craggy Wasteland Where Life Is Creeping Back In

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Viska Badlands.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	107262

This is an area described to my players as a lawless waste where various groups of bandits, goblins, orcs, and other humanoid races are constantly fighting for territory. This account of the Viska Badlands, however, is the result of a combination of mystery and prejudice. The people of the Republic of Dorrin have no idea of the rich and vibrant variety of cultures that have made their homes in this area, and they don’t really care. They hear only the accounts of the shipping companies and traders who come to Mavir from across the Chevan Gulf. Little do they know that ever since the fire that burned Viska over a thousand years ago, warping it into the wasteland it is commonly thought to be, life has been creeping back into the area.

I have challenged myself to draw one map a week. The first of this series is an area just west of here called the Tailbone Islands and you can see that here: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Tailbone Islands.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	107263

Since then I bought some graphite pencils since the charcoal I used on that last map didn’t allow me to get in as much detail as I wanted. Still working on my drawing chops, as I’ve never doodled much other than fantasy maps.

Finally here is the map I made for the larger area that these smaller maps take place in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Republic of Dorrin.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	107264

Feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

That's some great work there!