Thread: Forest Lake

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Default Forest Lake

A while ago, I did a bunch of maps for the Moonscar module. One of my favorites of the batch was the dark, spooky lake surrounded by demonic forest and underbrush.

Sadly, I never got to use it! My player bypassed that entire area.

Ah, but soon my player will come to a terrestrial lake with a more normal environment. So rather than start all over, I pulled out my moon lake, added some grass and some rocks and cattails and a bunch of color adjustments, and here it is, with and without grid:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest-Lake.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	4.65 MB 
ID:	107473

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest-Lake-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	918 
Size:	4.62 MB 
ID:	107474

The grid is 100px to the five-foot square. The rocks, cattails, trees and underbrush came from the Dundjinni forums (though they've been modded a bit). The textures are all from cgtextures, except for the wonderful water texture which came from a CertainRandomGuy's imgur album of water textures. Seriously, check those out, they're awesome.

Wow, you're right, the water texture is really great! I hope your players will enjoy fighting at this nice lake. though I like the colours of the old map, too, it's a good adaption to more earthly regions. I especially like the rocks at the bottom of the lake sticking out of the water and the shading indicating the depth. Which software did you use?

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Thanks! It was all done in Photoshop.

Guild Novice

Praise

Yeah the water is exceptional. At first glance i thought it was actual water lol. I really like the way you laid everything out it makes it feel natural all the way down to the slight shadowing around the brush. I hope your players appreciate the map and have fun within it.

Default Thanks for the link

Thank you for providing a link to the water texture, it came out really great in this map.

Guild Apprentice

Nice! Good map to have in my library for the next time I have a lakeside encounter.

And thanks for the link to the water textures. More good resources.