Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post

The top font is one that I actually think works very well. It's hand-drawn Ancient Atyani. The the map I wanted to go for a more roman looking style, so I took the IM FELL fonts and used that as a base for my Modern Atyani font. A couple of letters look completely out of place and for most of them I need to tweak the spacing. But is it any good to begin with at all? Or should I just scrap the new font and use the old one? Or just use the 'real' alphabet?
I think that the two fonts have two types of personalities.

The new, thin font that you made has a scrawly feel, and I feel like a map with that font would belong to a traveler who is hard pressed for time, skill, and resources. He makes quick, notes on the map and is quite messy at times with smudges all over the place.

The other font would belong to a royal cartographer or nobility. The font has a calligraphy that only one with the proper time and skill would be able to acquire. Such a map is expertly made with proper paper, ink and measurements. Thus, the map would be clean with symbols and illustrations.

Either way, I like all the fonts, but I think you should chose based on what personality you want your map to have