Views:	173 
Size:	4.44 MB 
ID:	108103
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nihillian_map2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	108104

This map was made in GIMP 2 as a commission from Jacob Lee Smith for a homebrew D&D world that he is creating. Each continent represents an element, including Air, Fire, Earth, Darkness and Desert.

Several resources were used, which are listed here:
    old paper stock 02 is free for commercial and personal use.
    The water spiral pattern was listed for free commercial use when I downloaded it.
    The font used for everything is Kaushan Script, which is released under the Open Font License.
    Several of the city names were created using the amazing Fantasy Name Generator website.
    The symbols were designed by me, and I will release them for commercial use if anyone desires to use them.

I would love to hear comments and criticisms, as I am always seeking to get better!

-David South-

Guild Novice

Default I like the orange one!

Blue is a little steep in contrast. Orange version would look sweet if the continent colours were a little darker and more "rusty" in colour. But top stuff regardless!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks iMorbit! Regarding the color, I actually agree with you. The client wanted the map to have blue for the oceans, so I obliged. I had it as a more grey-blue before but it wasn't nearly as pretty as I hoped so I opted for a bright high contrast blue.