Thread: February Entry: the Gempei War

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Not Bongo, no

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Bring on Bongo and Bungo!

Weren't they provinces in that part of Japan? My dim recollection from playing 'Shogun total war' what a beautiful game that was, more of a work of art.
    If you mean the Risk like board game, Shogun - I've played! This is one of my favorite board games!

Actually, though the stoners might like "Bongo", that was not a province of Japan, you probably mean - Bingo and Bungo, both in fact will be provinces on this map.

Actually Bungo has some significance in the Gempei War. Yoritomo's younger brother served as his chief general and after assaulting the main Heike forces on Honshu, he tried to get to Shikoku to crush the Heike homeland in Yashima, but didn't have any ships to get there. Sea Samurai from Bungo came to join the Minamoto cause with 60 ships, which were used to get to Shikoku.

Yoritomo's brother was Yoshi-tsune (I placed a dash in the middle of his name, so the profanity filter didn't "bleep" out his name!) Yoshi-tsune was considered the greatest samurai warrior of all time.

Yoritomo's youngest brother also fought for him as a general, his name was "Noriyori", but that name sounds like his companions should be... Biffer, Boffer, Bombor and Thorin Oakenshield!

OK, I added all the rivers into the map with this WIP, looks like I can start placing Ukiyo-e mountains next, followed by provincial borders, then city and castle symbols. The socio-political symbols beyond borders will come after that.

Gempei Region and its rivers!

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gempei-and-rivers.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	549.7 KB 
ID:	10012  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations