Thread: February Entry: the Gempei War

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Fixes made!

I've tweaked the map for the issues mentioned in my last post.

Hoel, technical correctness is important so I searched, moved and resized any and all mountains I could find crossing the coastline or across a river. In some cases the rivers move behind a mountain, and as the mountains are somewhat isometric, I didn't see a real problem with those. I think I got them all this time.

This map isn't just supposed to impress Japanophiles. Its just I've seen few maps catering to oriental settings that look very oriental in my opinion. That's why I chose to try this - including the Ukiyo-e Symbol project.

I added a woven border to the reed mat and I think it looks better. Plus I replaced the wood texture on the top of the mat, with a smaller bevel and drop shadow. I also replaced the wood texture on the wall where the scroll hangs.

Now I'm going to call this entry complete! Though I might bump it with another story, later in the month, before its time to vote!

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	genpei-scroll.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	10277  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations