Thread: Island of Abresa

Map Island of Abresa

Hello, I just discovered this forum and wanted to greet you with a map I made a while before. I drew it with pencil and paper and then colored with Photoshop. It illustrates the island of Abresa.

The largest settlement of the island is the Abresa Castle which is situated in the middle. Abresa island has two ports, one in east and another in north west. East port town Laden is more developed since it is closer to the continental empire. The large Canyon of Crows separates Abresa Castle and Laden port, however a small zeppelin tours it twice a day. Canyon ends in north with large barren mountains which are home to giants. A small keep is build to the north of Abresa Castle a holding point for barbaric invaders coming from north west. However, such raids didn't happen in a long while. There is a valley of large standing boulders between Abresa and this keep, called Valley of Nekbebesheh. The island also have several villages of animal husbandry and fishing. Unfortunately, arid climate of the island significantly limits agriculture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abresa en.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	223.2 KB 
ID:	108468

Hope you like it!

First, welcome !
    I think it might need a bit more shading/hatching and some more colors maybe, but otherwise, it's a nice and pleasant map.

I agree with Ilanthar, this one could benefit immensely even just by shading the mountains, but otherwise I really enjoy your style! The compass is lovely.

Thank you, it is an old one, so I don't plan to modify it, but I agree with your comments. I will consider for my future maps.