Thank you all for the nice welcome and the kind words on my map.

Gandwarf, I world-build for the sake of world-building. It did grow out of running role-playing game campaigns, but these days I don't play anymore and world building has become a stand-alone hobby. I do dabble in writing, but that's just another aspect of toying with my worlds.

Redrobes, the colors of the second map should be quite orange-y. That's what it looks like to me, but then again, what I perceive "orange" as is very likely not what normal people consider orange. That's why I mentioned color blindness. I do know it's fairly common, it does seem fairly strong in my case though. Anyway it is good to know that the problem is "known" here, that way when I ever post a pink ocean, people will not assume I am weird and just point the issue out to me. ;-)

Hoel, the straight thin lines in the second map are canals; sorry that I provided no explanation. It's a world patterned after Lowell's Mars - that is, a dried-up desert planet criss-crossed by the ruins of ancient civilizations all connected by canals built by the people desperately fighting to stave off the death of their world.

I have a few additional maps for this world - mostly showing what it looked like in the past - which I'll be happy to post in the completed maps forum one of these days. (Just gotta re-export them and write up an explanatory text.)