Thread: Looking for help making a custom D&D world map and globe!

Help Looking for help making a custom D&D world map and globe!

Hi! My name's Zion and I'm looking for a partner to help me fix up a large digital full color world map for my custom D&D module's setting, and maybe a 3-D model or irl globe of it too! With no deadline!

I'm an artist myself, so I do already have what I believe to be a half-decent lineart version of the map in question; but since I'm an amateur at map making the visual weight of the composition is slightly off, the realism of the geography is probably all off, and I'm pretty incapable of rendering and finalizing maps to look very professional at all. Hence why I'm in need of a nice experienced helping hand from someone who can spot and help me fix the flaws in the composition, coach me on the geography, and render and finalize the drawing for me.

ALSO there's something I really wanna try with this! That is to also make a 3-D globe of the map, either as a 3-D model or as a drawing on a physical globe! Idk how I'd go about doing that, or if it's even a thing that people do, so if ya just wanna help make the drawing that's cool! On the other hand, if it sounds interesting and ya wanna help me do it I'd really be grateful!

Thank you so much for reading and/or replying in advance!!

If you want help and be tutored I sugest you to open a thread in the wip section of the forum and post what you have done so far and there you will get plenty of criticism sugestions and tips.

I second Naima here. You'll find plenty of talented people to help you get where you want.

It's true, if you're a competent artist and hang around here and post your WIP and ask questions, you'll get to where you want and learn how to make a nice map in the process. You don't HAVE to hire someone for that. I don't know your art and techniques, but if you can render nice lineart, typography, that's all you NEED to make a map.

As for the globe, if you want to make a physical globe, there is this handy globe gore generator. https://www.winski.net/globus-projector/simplified/

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Blog Entries

i have been mapping things around globes for many years
    ( working on a 3d space simulation )
    an example of Venus rendered in Blender 2.79
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled1.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	5.30 MB 
ID:	108811 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled2.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	8.38 MB 
ID:	108812

rendered radar data

but the good news is it really is not all that hard

have a read through this forum and there are a lot of people that can help
    Last edited by johnvanvliet; 07-22-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---