Thread: Stereographic map projection

Question Stereographic map projection

Hi everyone. I have this really high resolution map (equirectangular) that i want to put in a sterographic projection, centered at -30 longitude at the equator but i cant find any software to help me and im not really all that sure what im doing. Any ideas?

"High resolution" means different things to different people. gdalwarp should be able to handle very large images as described at https://medium.com/planet-stories/a-...p-e05173bd710a if you're amenable to command-line programs. There are other tools such as QGIS (which is a GUI built using the same toolset as gdalwarp) that should also be able to handle that work as well.

The easiest way to do it would be to use Gprojector, assuming it can handle the file size.
    How big is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    The easiest way to do it would be to use Gprojector, assuming it can handle the file size.
    How big is it?
    Ive tried installing Gprojector on this PC before but for some reason Java just refused to install and i could not figure out for the life of me, why this was happening. It's a shame. Iv'e used Gprojector before on older PCs with no issues whatsoever. No idea what i'm doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    "High resolution" means different things to different people. gdalwarp should be able to handle very large images as described at https://medium.com/planet-stories/a-...p-e05173bd710a if you're amenable to command-line programs. There are other tools such as QGIS (which is a GUI built using the same toolset as gdalwarp) that should also be able to handle that work as well.
    Seems very complicated. I'm not sure i'd even know where to begin. Seems like something i'd really have to sit down and learn it by the looks of it. I checked out that FT3 you mentioned over PM. Might give that a go once my pay comes through.

I've managed to get G.Projector working, and by working i mean crashing as soon as i try to save a map any larger than 7500x3750

I thought the limit was higher on a 64 bit OS compared to the 32 bit.
    If that is still too small than it won't work with Gprojector.