Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
a few things:

Why is South Qilahne sitting on the North Pole and North Qilahne located south of the Northern part?
Why is the North Pole not a frozen wasteland? does the planet have a different tilt/atmosphere/something than Earth to explain this?

There are some incoherence with the river system, unless these are meant to be straits.
You have two large inner ''seas'' with multiple rivers flowing outward. If these are really rivers, there can be only one per water body unless there is a major flood going on.
They are too narrow and homogeneous to be straits.

But they are really big lakes with too small water bassin to fill them naturally, unless it is a very rainy climate.
They must be the result of a deglaciation like many lakes in the Northern hemisphere.
or salt water that was somehow trapped when the sea level dropped, like the Caspian sea. If that is the case, while the salt concentration is much lower than the ocean, it would still be too high to drink or use for agriculture. And the rivers would also be salty.
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I would never have noticed the North Qilahne/South Qilahne GLARING oversight! I deffo need to fix that hahaha.
Qilar has a slightly higher axial tilt, orbits slightly closer to its star and is generally going through a hot period, similar to Earth's Late Triassic. As a result the polar regions are deglaciated and relatively temperate (if you dont count the incredibly high seasonal changes).

In terms of the rivers, you're absolutely right. I need to address that. What i was going for was the idea of this region once (perhaps millions of years ago) being glaciated, resulting in a central lowland region with many large lakes/insland seas, and mountainous regions nearer the coast. I'll probably remove the rivers that lead from the inner seas to the outer sea entirely, rather than opening them out into straits. Also keeping them would mean that the rivers are flowing uphill, which i don't need to explain how stupid that would be.